Finland University welcomes you to join 4-day study visit in Finland, organised by the University of Turku. Study. Visits offer hands-on experience and insight to Finnish education system, which is ranked highly in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA). Study visit includes:
- presentations, lectures, and discussion with early childhood education experts
- an introduction to the structure of Finnish early childhood education
- day care visit and observation of early childhood education in practice.
Participants get to discuss, share knowledge and exchange ideas with our experts and professionals and gain a hands on experience of the Finnish school and education system operates.
Preliminary Programme 2-5 April 2018
- Finnish system of developing capital
- Public sector as the provider of services
Finnish Education system
- Structure of the education system from early childhood to higher education
- Early Childhood Education (ECEC) for children of different ages
- Pre-Primary Education
- Kindergarten Teachers' Education (Early Childhood Education Program)
Daycare and Pre-Primary School Centre
- Introduction to a Finnish Daycare and Pre-Primary School
- Tour of the daycare centre and observation
Pedagogical Staff and curriculum
- Pedagogical Staff in ECEC
- Kindergarten Teachers' profession, identity and ethics
- Early Childhood Education and National Curriculum in Finland
Pedagogics of ECEC
- Current pedagogical topics in Finland
- Pedagogical principles in ECEC
Evaluation and support
- Evaluation in Early Childhood and Pre-Primary Education
- Inclusion and Special Need Education in Early Childhood
- Global perspective on early childhood education
- Presentation of workshop results
- Lessons learned, wrap-up and certification
Programme is tentative, until confirmation by training provider.
Enquiries and support: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on the training, registration or arrangements.
Registration and payment: Registration and payment via internet, opening in January. Please contact email@example.com for pre-registration. Upon registration you need to define the size of your group. Institutional customers, i.e. institution paying for the participation, may not be required to pay VAT. Individual customers are subject to VAT.
Registration includes: expert lectures, study material, site visits, transportation from university to the visits, lunch.
Invitation letters for visa: Invitation letters are submitted after registration and payment.
Travel and arrival: Participants are expected to organise their travel and cover the costs themselves. You can book your flight directly to Turku, or alternatively to Helsinki from which you can take a bus or train to Turku (ca. 2 hours).
Accommodation: Participants are expected to arrange for their accommodation and to cover the costs themselves. Finland University can recommend alternatives. Hotels cost on ca. 100-120 € / night, but also apartments and B&Bs can be found.
INFORMATION ON THE SERVICE PROVIDER
Finland University is the international education brand, and joint marketing and sales company of four leading Finnish research universities: the University of Eastern Finland, the University of Tampere, the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. All the universities are in the top 2% of global university rankings.
Finland University provides worldwide degree programmes and professional development programmes of its member universities to individuals and institutions (universities, government ministries and agencies, foundations, companies). To date Finland University has successfully completed or is delivering programmes for customers based in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. The programmes are run on university campuses in Finland or in the country of our customers, online and in the workplace.
University of Turku, Finland, is an internationally acknowledged, multidisciplinary scientific university hosting seven faculties: Humanities, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Education and Economics. The University is recognized for the quality of teaching, research and excellent student support services. With over 21 000 students and 3 500 employees it is one of the major universities in Finland. Almost 2 000 international students from over 95 countries annually study at the University of Turku.
Contact us for more information
Date: 2-5 April 2019
Location: University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Cost per participant: 1400 € + VAT if applicable.
To whom: The training is targeted to early childhood and basic education teachers, teacher educators, principals, teacher trainees, researchers, other experts of education.
Certification: Participants will receive a certificate of participation from University of Turku.
More information: Ms. Anna Hirsikoski, Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in Introduction to Finnish Maternal and Child Care System