The pedagogical training programmes "How Can We Explore the Future?" are futures oriented professional development programmes for teachers and education professionals. Various programmes of different scope can be offered, tailored to needs of the target group. The target groups of the programmes include pedagogical professionals from primary school to adult education.
The participants learn to apply futures thinking and foresight in their teaching and coaching work. Furthermore, the participants develop a tools for “How can we explore the future to carry out futures learning.”
Objectives of the Programmes
- To provide the participants with an extraordinary combination of futures studies contents and pedagogically and didactically sound teaching methods i.e. a toolkit of Futures education.
- To give insight into Futures education that combines educational psychology, philosophy of futures knowledge, and decision making.
To gain hands-on experience on the pedagogical role of digital applications (ICT) in teaching futures studies
- To encourage teachers to teach foresight in their own organisation with a variety of new learning methods
Selection of themes for the programmes
- Key Futures Studies approaches and methods
- Futures Literacy
- Hands-on experience on how to teach using ICT
- Futures education, guidance theory and practice
- Decision making, reflective skills, and transformative learning
- Planning of pedagogical and didactical processes for futures learning and guidance
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Early childhood and basic education teachers, teacher educators, principals, teacher trainees, university lecturers and researchers, education and organizations in education from abroad both in Finland and in the participants’ home countries.
Various options from 1 week short course to 6 months professional development programme