Certified Foresight Professional -Programme is a transdisciplinary educational program that seeks to improve the ability to anticipate, create, and manage change in a variety of domains (scientific, technological, environmental, economic, political, and societal), and on a variety of scales (personal, organizational, societal, global, and universal). Strategic foresight is a great competence field for future-minded, multidisciplinary thinkers and leaders. The Programme gives the Participants new skills to choose from various methods when facing a particular development challenge. The Participants will get a versatile toolkit to implement foresight thinking for the benefit of a given organisation.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of this Programme are:
- to give insight into understanding the challenges of the complex, global and connected world
- to provide the participants with a set of chosen futures thinking methods that suit to different contexts
- to encourage the participant empowerment through the competence in dynamic foresight systems that enable organisations and regions to be proactive in the changing environments
- to provide the participants with mastering the tools and methods of developing organisations in innovative, systematic and futures-oriented ways
- strategic planning and decision making,
- building vision, mission and action,
- building and running horizon scanning systems,
- tackling development challenges.
There is a final hands-on project, which provides the participants with an opportunity to apply the futures and foresight methods in their administrative or business sector.
The Participants learn to
- apply foresight methods in the actual context of their work,
- understand the possibilities for strategic planning and innovative futures thinking in the
development of organisations,
- implement their learning during course in authentic context in their own work,
- design strategic (policy) recommendations with participant empowerment
- disseminate their knowledge to their colleagues and to the organisation at large,
- engage the colleagues and the organisation in the futures initiative process, and
- produce a report and present the case.
There are multiform training methods such as Foresight Toolkit, executive Summary, eLearning Platform, Lectures, Case studies, simulations, readings and critical reflection.
The CFP-Programme is targeted for public authorities (municipalities, reagional and national organizations) and professionals in academia, business and non-governmental organizations who want to become qualified and recognized as Professional Futurists. For organizations who want to train their members in foresight, we bring the Programme to your location in a customized hybrid format that combines convenient class times with online work “in-between” the classes.