Certified Foresight Professional -Programme is a transdisciplinary educational program that seeks to improve the ability to anticipate, create, and manage change in a variety of domains (scientific, technological, environmental, economic, political, and societal), and on a variety of scales (personal, organizational, societal, global, and universal). Strategic foresight is a great competence field for future-minded, multidisciplinary thinkers and leaders. The Programme gives the Participants new skills to choose from various methods when facing a particular development challenge. The Participants will get a versatile toolkit to implement foresight thinking for the benefit of a given organisation.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of this Programme are:
- to give insight into understanding the challenges of the complex, global and connected world
- to provide the participants with a set of chosen futures thinking methods that suit to different contexts
- to encourage the participant empowerment through the competence in dynamic foresight systems that enable organisations and regions to be proactive in the changing environments
- to provide the participants with mastering the tools and methods of developing organisations in innovative, systematic and futures-oriented ways
- strategic planning and decision making,
- building vision, mission and action,
- building and running horizon scanning systems,
- tackling development challenges.
There is a final hands-on project, which provides the participants with an opportunity to apply the futures and foresight methods in their administrative or business sector.
The Participants learn to
- apply foresight methods in the actual context of their work,
- understand the possibilities for strategic planning and innovative futures thinking in the
development of organisations,
- implement their learning during course in authentic context in their own work,
- design strategic (policy) recommendations with participant empowerment
- disseminate their knowledge to their colleagues and to the organisation at large,
- engage the colleagues and the organisation in the futures initiative process, and
- produce a report and present the case.
There are multiform training methods such as Foresight Toolkit, executive Summary, eLearning Platform, Lectures, Case studies, simulations, readings and critical reflection.
Contact us for more information
The CFP-Programme is targeted for public authorities (municipalities, reagional and national organizations) and professionals in academia, business and non-governmental organizations who want to become qualified and recognized as Professional Futurists. For organizations who want to train their members in foresight, we bring the Programme to your location in a customized hybrid format that combines convenient class times with online work “in-between” the classes.