The Degree Progamme offers competences for the educational professionals. The studies will enable the participants to grow into critically aware professionals who have wide perspectives into the world and who understand the mission of education. Graduates are able to practice as teachers, and organisers of learning, who in cooperation with others are able to develop innovative educational practices, curricula and schools for a better future for children. The degree provides the prerequisites for creative and analytical teaching and education. The Bachelor’s Degree Programme gives a qualification to apply for the Master’s degree studies at European universities. Teachers having completed the bachelor’s degree programme in teacher education will
- be able to support children’s balanced growth, development and learning
- be aware of their importance as educators; individuals having pedagogical power and influence in the society
- be capable of making well-grounded ethical choices in their professional roles
- be capable of stating arguments in discussion about education and educational policy
- be capable of using advanced learning methods and evaluating learning processes
- have the necessary knowledge of educational and communicative skills required for teaching
- understand the importance of research as a basis for teaching and for the development of professional development
- understand the importance of teaching in cooperation between different actors to support the learning of the students
Contents of The Programme
The suggested programme consists of four modules that constitute an integrated whole of theory and practice. It will give competencies to adapt and implement the elements of the Finnish Education system in various contexts. The programme starts with an introduction to the Finnish Education system and studies in Finland. The Basic and Advanced level study modules consist of seven essential themes in school development: Research, Teaching and Learning, Evaluation and Quality of Teaching, Learning and Education, Curriculum Studies, Inclusive Education, and Supervised Teaching Practice in a Finnish Teacher Training School and Supervised Training in the country in question. The Bachelor thesis studies and the Research method studies will create an inseparable entirety.
Availability of The Programme
Available upon request for commissioned groups
Structure and Length of The Programme
The duration of the programme is three years. The first two years will be spent in Finland.
Contact us for more information
Upper secondary school certificate, which gives the right to apply for Higher Education in the applicant’s home country and a good competence in English language.