- Strengthen participants competence in theoretical and practical geospatial skills in their
applied fields of expertise
- Provide professionally qualified and sufficient skills in using digital geospatial information,
- GIS, image processing, ICT and related techniques in daily work
- Improve participants skills in designing GIS-based work routines and solutions.
Contents of The Programme
Theoretical and hands-on GIS training with geospatial software (ArcGIS, Q-GIS, IDRISI, ERDAS Imagine, PostgreS etc) including:
Availability of The Programme
- Public Participatory GIS and Land Use Planning
- Monitoring and Mapping Land Cover Changes
- GIS and Coastal Management
- GIS and Flood Risk Assessment
GIS skills for environmental specialists is targeted for environmental authorities, planners, researchers and NGO’s working with spatial planning or environmental problem-solving tasks, where daily work needs to be based on advanced scientific, methodological and practical skills in applying geospatial methodologies.