Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of this Programme are:
- to provide the participants with an extraordinary combination of futures studies contents and pedagogically and didactically teaching methods i.e. a toolkit of Futures education
- to give insight into Futures education that combines educational psychology, philosophy of futures knowledge, and decision making
- to give insight into knowledge about pedagogical role of digital applications (ICT) in teaching futures studies
- to encourage teachers to teach foresight in their own organization with a variety of new learning methods
Contents (First Module, 5 cr)
The participants learn how to apply visionary thinking in the production of alternative future possibilities and the challenges included in them i.e. scenario working. Participants learn about historical and philosophical background of futures knowledge, key actors in the field, ethical foundations and values, interdisciplinarity in social transition, methods and theories (scenarios, futures table, weak signals) and concepts (complexity, systems thinking) of futures studies.
The key learning outcome is a rich “start-up” -composition of academic futures studies and foresight for further elaboration and delivery (teaching, coaching, consulting).
Contents (Second Module, 5 cr)
The Participants learn about pedagogy and didactics of futures thinking and reflective skills for future decision making. There are such contents as the scientific basis of the futures guidance including life and career management, transformative learning, critical reflection, exploratory decision making, self-efficacy, and systems thinking. The participants will be able to promote and teach future oriented life and career management skills on different levels of education. The participants will work actively and apply futures learning ideas in their own thinking and practices. They will evaluate various case studies and test methods and practical tools used with different students and age groups. They get to know tools to empower individuals and to enhance proactive actions, attitudes as well mindsets for independent decisions.
The key learning outcome is a complete toolkit for teachers and guidance personnel to carry out futures learning and guidance processes. It is a once-and-for all –package of replacing or complementing old teaching methods with modern, future-oriented ones.
- futures studies as a scientific discipline, fields of application (foresight)
- key futures studies approaches and methods
- examples of how to teach using ICT
- Futures education, guidance theory and practice
- decision making, reflective skills, and transformative learning
- planning of pedagogical and didactical processes for futures learning and guidance
The HEF-Programme is targeted for experienced, qualified teachers and other professionals on various levels (university, college, school, other organization), who want to develop the quality of teaching in their own organization combined with futures studies (foresight) as a new field of teaching.
There is an intensive immersion that covers the full foresight landscape at an introductory level. The programme is suitable to professionals, whose pedagogical toolkit needs a revision and who want to futurize their teaching practice.
It is possible to bring the course to the Client´s location in a customized hybrid format that combines convenient class times with online work “in-between” the classes. Online work means learning in a specific virtual learning platform with examples of how to use ICT in teaching.