Based on the criteria such as maternal health and the child’s wellbeing, Finland is considered to be one of the best countries in the world for mothers. Finland University welcomes you to join 4-day study visit in Finland, organised by the University of Turku. The study visit includes:
- lectures by Finnish doctor educators, medical experts and professionals,
- site visits to preventive health care clinics for mothers and children, and
- site visit to the University hospital.
The participants get to meet doctors and doctor educators and to learn from the practitioners as well as researchers
- Finnish system of developing human capital
- Public sector as the provider of services
Finnish Health Care system
- The structure of the health care system: actors, roles, financing
- Primary care and specilised care in hospitals
- Public and private sectors
- Health care professionals and their education
Preventive care of mothers and children
- Structure of the maternity and child care system in Finland
- National principles and guidelines
- Preventive care and collaboration with the specialised care
Finnish Maternity Clinics
- Roles of public health nurses and doctors
- Scheduled appointments for mothers and families
- Monitored health indicators, routine examinations
- Visit to Maternity Clinic
Finnish Child Care Clinics
- Scheduled appointments for children and families
- Monitored health indicators, routine examinations and vaccinations
Hospital care for mothers and children
- Pregnancy care and follow-up
- Delivery, complications, pain management and anesthesia
- Child birth and neonatal care
- Visit to the University Hospital
Enquiries and support: Please contact email@example.com for any questions on the
Registration and payment: Registration and payment via internet, opening in January. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-registration. Upon registration you need to define the size of your group. Institutional customers, i.e. institution paying for the participation, may not be required to pay VAT. Individual customers are subject to VAT.
Registration includes: expert lectures, study material, site visits, transportation from university to the visits, lunch.
Invitation letters for visa: Invitation letters are submitted after registration and payment.
Travel and arrival: Participants are expected to organise their travel and cover the costs themselves. You can book your flight directly to Turku, or alternatively to Helsinki from which you can take a bus or train to Turku (ca. 2 hours).
Accomodation: Participants are expected to arrange for their accommodation and to cover the costs themselves. Finland University can recommend alternatives. Hotels cost on ca. 100-120 € / night, but also apartments and B&Bs can be found.
Finland University is the international education brand, and joint marketing and sales company of four leading Finnish research universities: the University of Eastern Finland, the University of Tampere, the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. All the universities are in the top 2% of global university rankings.
Finland University provides worldwide degree programmes and professional development programmes of its member universities to individuals and institutions (universities, government ministries and agencies, foundations, companies). To date Finland University has successfully completed or is delivering programmes for customers based in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. The programmes are run on university campuses in Finland or in the country of our customers, online and in the workplace.
University of Turku, Finland, is an internationally acknowledged, multidisciplinary scientific university hosting seven faculties: Humanities, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Education and Economics. The University is recognized for the quality of teaching, research and excellent student support services. With over 21 000 students and 3 500 employees it is one of the major universities in Finland. Almost 2 000 international students from over 95 countries annually study at the University of Turku.
Indonesian doctors and healthcare professionals in Turku
Finland University hosted a group of Indonesian doctors and other healthcare professionals in Turku in 2017. Learn more about the study visit and watch the participants' experiences on the video!
Send me more information about this programme
Location: University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Cost per participant: 1400 € + VAT if applicable.
To whom: The training is targeted to medical doctors, hospital and clinic leaders, leaders of nursing in maternal and childhood health, as well as health policy makers.
Certification: Participants will receive a certificate of participation from the University of Turku.
Ms. Anna Hirsikoski
You also might be interested in Introduction to Finnish Early Childhood Education System